Categories

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Miley Cyrus Is So Over Having Short Hair

Miley Cyrus is ready to go long ... with her locks. (Getty Images)So much for Miley Cyrus's vow to never have long hair again!
The 20-year-old's love affair with her short hair has come to an end. While appearing in a taped interview with Kelly Osbourne on "E! Fashion Police," the "We Can't Stop" singer said she's doing everything in her power to grow out her locks.
"I'm secretly tugging on it every night and taking Viviscal," Cyrus said, referring to the hair-growth vitamin supplement. "I'm not going to lie. But I'm going to rock it while I have it."
However, she says she's proud to have been part of what she describes as a sort of short hair movement. (Celebs including Beyonce, Milla Jovovich, and Rihanna have all gotten snipped this summer, to varying lengths.)
"Being on the cover of Maxim and having short hair, I feel like I'm speaking on behalf of girls everywhere, breaking this stereotype," she said.
But she hints that she could go long sooner rather than later, saying, "I love a good weave!"
Cyrus made headlines a year ago when celebrity stylist Chris McMillan, who was responsible for creating "The Rachel" for Jennifer Aniston during the "Friends" era, gave her a bold, blond short cut which featured shaved sides and long bangs. The former "Hannah Montana" star was widely criticized for the look, but she owned it, blasting back at her detractors saying both she and her fiancĂ© Liam Hemsworth loved it.
Earlier this year, the star was still firmly on Team Short, going as far as using the n word – as in never.
"You will never see me with long hair again!" she told E!. "My fiancĂ© loves it. … It's so easy and [I] don't need to wash it. It looks better grungy and not washing it."
She also said that following the cut she "never felt more me in my whole life" and noted that she was finally "feeling so happy in my skin."
Now it sounds like she's ready to move on to something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment